Meet Ryan Wong, MD
Ryan K. Wong, M.D. is a vitreoretinal surgeon who was born and raised in Tucson, AZ. He is a proud Dorado of Canyon Del Oro High School and excited to serve the community he grew up in. He enjoys basketball, movies, and spending time with his wonderful wife, who is a pediatric hospitalist. They are eagerly expecting the birth of their first child.
Dr. Wong has extensive training and experience in the management of medical and surgical diseases of the retina and vitreous, including severe diabetic eye disease, trauma, and proliferative vitreoretinopathy. He has also been active in academic medicine and research, having given numerous oral and poster presentations at national and international meetings. Additionally, he has written book chapters and several papers in peer-reviewed journals.
Dr. Wong accepts Medicare Assignment and is a participating provider for all area health plans, including AHCCCS and TRICARE.
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology with a Minor in Chemistry (finished Magna Cum Laude): University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, PA
- Medical degree: Weill Cornell Medical College/Cornell University in New York, NY
- Internship: The Hospital of St. Raphael in New Haven, CT
- Ophthalmology residency: Yale-New Haven Hospital/Yale University in New Haven, CT
- Post-residency: 2-year vitreoretinal fellowship at the Jules Stein Eye Institute/University of California, Los Angeles
Certifications and Memberships
- American Board of Ophthalmology, board certified
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association